SCIRA Board Statement on COVID-19
It is the position of the Snipe Class Board that with the current global virus, prudent decisions be made for the status of regattas scheduled in the next few months in your country, over our concern for the health and well-being of ALL sailors, support personnel, officials and volunteers. Any decisions of regattas to be held or cancelled is left to the regatta chair in coordination with the National Secretary, both which have enough information and pressure from their local governmental agencies which override decisions. We encourage all regatta organizers to constantly monitor the situation and keep in contact with SCIRA and your members.
The Snipe World Masters Championship has been postponed. The Class is working closely with the organizers to reschedule the event for November with new dates to be posted as soon as confirmed.
Currently the regatta cannot receive any competitors from Europe and several South American nations, losing the ability to reach World Sailing’s minimum requirements for a World Championship but more importantly again to ensure the health and well-being of all involved.
The Class and organizers will be in touch within the next week with confirmed dates for November. Please be assured that any currently paid entry fees will be refunded in full or retained if requested for the new dates.
If you have made travel or accommodation reservations, please contact the provider as many have policies in place for extenuating circumstances for the COVID-19 virus.
Snipe Bulletin - Winter 2020
Mon. 31 Aug, 2020 9:00 pm - Sat. 5 Sep, 2020 10:39 pm
Tue. 22 Sep, 2020 6:00 pm - Sat. 26 Sep, 2020 7:24 pm