2019 Open Sailors Forum
Ilhabela, Brazil, October 9, 2019
Number of Races at World Championship
- General consensus was 2 races/day and 9 races. Only have 3 races if behind in the schedule
Number of discards at the Worlds/Hemisphere championships
- Lots of discussion on both sides. It seemed more favored 1 discard
Upwind or Downwind finishes
- Agreement to allow downwind finishes to have more races and quicker turn-around
1 or 2-turn penalty
- Mixed responses, but it seemed the majority prefer to keep to 2 turns.
- Agreed to add as an option for the RC
Raise Jr Age to 25
- Consider timing of the event
- Look at younger and older sub-sets within the overall championship (like Masters)
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Your comment will be revised by the site if needed.